Warner has been treating sick trees in Mesa AZ. for over 50 years. If you look to the left there are links to our other web sites. There is also a link to our YouTube channel. So if you live in Mesa AZ. or the surrounding areas give us a call. Thanks..
Tree service for Pine tree diseases in Mesa Az.
southern pine beetle
Dendroctonus frontalis, the southern pine beetle, is a species of bark beetle native to the forests of southern United States, Mexico and Central America. It has a hard reddish brown to black exoskeleton and measures approximately 3 mm (0.12 in), about the size of a grain of rice. It is short-legged, the front of the males head is notched, the female possesses a wide elevated transverse ridge, and the hind abdomen of both is round.
Dendroctonus frontalis inhabits several Pinus species. Host trees in the United States include primarily P. taeda, P. echinata, P. elliottii, P. virginiana, P. rigida, P. palustris, P. serotina, P. pungens and P. strobes, P. ponderosa, P. engelmannii and P. leiophylla. Host trees in Central America include P. caribaea, P. engelmannii, P. leiophylla, P. maximinoi and P. oocarpa. In the south-eastern United States it is considered one of the most important causes of economic loss in forestry. About $900 million worth of damage was caused by this species from 1960 to 1990 in the southern United States.
- Jump up ^ "Dendroctonus frontalis Zimmermann, 1868". Integrated Taxonomic Information System. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- Jump up ^ "Dendroctonus frontalis Zimmermann". University of Florida. University of Florida. Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- ^ Jump up to: a b c FAO Forestry Department (2009). "Dendroctonus frontalis" (PDF). Global Review of Forest Pests and Diseases. A Thematic Study Prepared in the Framework of the Global Forest Resources Assessment 2005. FAO Forestry Papers. 156. Food and Agriculture Organization. ISBN 978-92-5-106208-1.
- Jump up ^ Matthew J. Ungerer & Matthew P. Ayres & María J. Lombardero (1999). "Climate and the northern distribution limits of Dendroctonus frontalis Zimmermann (Coleoptera: Scolytidae)" (PDF). Journal of Biogeography. 26 (6): 1133–1145. JSTOR 2656057. doi:10.1046/j.1365-2699.1999.00363.x. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-24.
- Jump up ^ University of Florida Article by James R. Meeker, Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Forestry; Wayne N. Dixon, Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Plant Industry; and John L. Foltz and Thomas R Fasulo, University of Florida published November 2000,
I hope you found this page about southern pine beetle useful. If you have any questions about Tree Disease please contact our Tree Service to schedule an appointment. We have been treating sick trees for over 50 years. We currently serve, Mesa AZ, Gilbert AZ, Chandler AZ, Scottsdale, Phoenix AZ and all of Maricopa County AZ.
We currently serve - Mesa Az. – Gilbert Az. - Tempe Az. - Chandler Az. - Queen Creek Az. - Scottsdale Az. – Paradise Valley Az. - East Phoenix Az.